Photobucket

Vintage Porcelain Art

Hand Painted Porcelain by Amy Enright

Welcome to Vintage Porcelain Art! I am an award winning porcelain artist with over 20 years experience. I specialize in the vintage "lost" art of china painting in the style of the old victorian masters as well as in the romantic, shabby and cottage chic style. Thank you for letting me share my art with you!

Photobucket






Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vintage Alphabet Party!!





My First "Vintage Alphabet Party" !!!!

Todays party is brought to you by the letters "I" "J" & "K"!












"I" is for Inspiration!

There are sooooo many things that inspire me, my friends blogs, nature, other artists and all things vintage or victorian just to name a few.
I keep a lot if materials on hand to gain inspiration and knowledge of a subject I would like to paint.
















LOVE my Picard China book as well as "China Decorator" and "China Painter" magazines.


Vintage china painters catalogs for outlines for painters to use to guide them in decorating their china. A LOT of great ideas and vintage designs in these!
An inside peek at the catalogs...






My vintage postcards! O LOVE these! I keep them in a large binder to keep them preserved but accessable to look at.


















"J" is for jewlrey! Here are a few Brooches I've recently finished. If you scroll down to my post earlier this week you can see some other examples of jewlrey that I've been working on.














"K" is for Kiln! These are my beloved kilns! Without these there can not be any of our favorite porcelain pieces that we love so much! Not too pretty to look at, I know, but a very necessary uglyness!







And one more "K" ! "Kids Room!
Since the kilns weren't too pretty, here is
a picture of the Princess mural I painted for my niece Ali in "Her Magesty's" room.










2 comments:

  1. Just stoppped in from the Sisterhood Party?
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugz,
    Zandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too use a kiln for my glass . I would like to learn how to do china painting.My friend that did it pass away last year . I never went over to her house to do it. just talked about it. I will try some time .Laura Q

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day! I very much appreciate your comments and will try to respond as soon as possible! :)